Skirts are very popular this season and Topshop has the biggest and affordable selection if you wish to embrace the midi skirt trend! It is a bit tricky to pull off so if you are not gifted in the height department like me, high heels are a must! As always, I personally tried on and checked out these skirts up close in the Topshop flagship store in London and here are my picks! 🙂
● My personal favourite! Well priced, made of 100% cotton, with beautiful colour embroidery and flattering shape. Wear with a white crop top. Check out the Daisy embroidery yellow and white skirt.
● Second favoirite: White Rose gathered midi skirt. Beautiful fabric and texture. Wear with any plain colour top and sandals.
● Rose texture midi skirt
Best worn with a plain white or black tank top and pair of heels. This skirt also comes in pink colour and I suspect it will be a best seller! The print is so eye catching and summery.
● Sheer hem ivory embroidered midi skirt
Beautiful ethereal skirt, best worn with pastel colours or white/ cream. Minimalistic styling is the best choice when it comes to this skirt, making the sheer detail the centre focus of the outfit.
● Daisy Jacquard white midi skirt
Chic white option, that goes well with any colour top and accessories! This skirt is slightly shorter than the rest, Topshop calls this skirt midi but it is rather knee length. A beautiful versatile piece.
● Antique Jacquard Midi skirt
Beautiful peach colour, again best worn with white or cream and delicate accessories.
● PU black pleated midi skirt
With a grossgrain waistband and soft pleated shape, this is a tougher take on the trend. Wear with black or white top and shoes, however this skirt should be the star of the outfit.
● Ikat splice printed midi skirt . A trendy piece, best worn with plain crop top. The splices are flattering to the figure and practical in the hot weather. The print of the skirt makes it suitable for every day wear but also is edgy enough for festivals and other music events. A good versatile piece.
UPDATE: 26th July: Poppy Delevingne has been spotted wearing this skirt out and about in London, I am glad we have a similar taste 😉
What do you think? Will you be embracing this trend? 🙂